The Booster supports ingress VLAN tagging, as well as link failure propagation (LFP) — a feature which transmits link failure errors between ports, allowing the network to activate a redundant path, while the TAP stays available for auto-negotiation. The integrated Data Diode feature protects the network from any injection of data from the monitor port.
Conventional Aggregation TAP solutions often feature output ports with the same speed as the network links. This causes oversubscription on the output port of the TAP, causing valuable packets to be lost. By aggregating network traffic to a 10 Gbps output, no packet loss occurs. Whether traffic is forwarded to a Network Packet Broker or an IOTA, the Profitap Booster delivers lossless aggregation, while also reducing network complexity.
Many high throughput devices like network packet brokers feature ports designed for 40/100 Gbps operation. With breakout cables, individual connections at 10 Gbps can be established, but lower speeds are often not a possibility. This means that lower speed links, such as 10M/100M/1G, cannot be forwarded directly to the toolset.
The Profitap Booster converts these links into a single 10 Gbps output, bringing additional speeds to new and existing tools in a cost-effective way.
- Aggregation of 8 ports (4 in-line links) RJ45 10/100/1G into 1 SFP+ 1G-10G output
- Direct link aggregation, no required management, installation or driver
- Ingress VLAN Tagging
- Non-intrusive to the network
- Supports link failure propagation
- PoE passthrough
- Redundant powering
- Fail-safe in-line design ensures uninterrupted network operation in case of power loss
- Data Diode function prevents any injection of data from the monitoring port back into the network
- Network ports galvanically separated from monitor port for maximum security
Get a Quote
Did You Know?
- You may contact our Technical Support department (+31 (0) 40 782 0880) if you have difficulties during the installation or subsequent use of a Profitap product.
- Most of our products are supplied from stock, which means we can ship to you via next-day courier service.