Packet-level visibility into your virtual traffic
Profitap vTAP is a full-featured network visibility solution built for virtualized service providers and enterprise networks, providing complete visibility of Virtual Machine (VM) traffic (including inter-VM) for security, availability, and performance monitoring.
With the vTAP solution in place, performance issues can be detected quickly as it copies VM data, filters the mirrored data (also called mirror), and then sends the mirrored traffic of interest to physical or virtual monitoring tools.
The tapped virtual traffic is aggregated by the Virtual Network Packet Broker (vBroker) — embedded in the vTAP solution. The main role of the vBroker is to perform operations such as filtering and creation of data tunnels towards any of the Profitap Network Packet Brokers (NPBs). The Profitap NPBs are aimed at collecting traffic and optimizing the performance of network analysis and security tools.
Get a Consultation
- Enables security, availability, and performance through proactive monitoring of virtual data centers
- Complete visibility of traffic in virtual environments, eliminating blind spots
- Central management interface for a single overview of the entire virtual visibility system
- Filtering helps bring down the virtual traffic to actionable data and prevent network congestion
- Easily scalable
- Forward virtual traffic back into physical network for analysis