Advanced Network Packet Broker Platform
The new generation of X3-Series Network Packet Brokers enables complete visibility over packets and flows and complex advanced processing for extended visibility. The X3-Series platform delivers versatile Network Packet Brokers with simple and advanced features.
To further enhance the flexibility of the X3-Series platform, multiple models are available to suit different deployment requirements optimally.
Advanced Network Packet Broker
ADVANCED TRAFFIC INTELLIGENCE
The X3-Series NPB offloads network security and performance monitoring tools by taking over advanced traffic optimization and shaping tasks, such as passive TLS Decryption, Data Masking, Packet Deduplication, NetFlow export and more.
By deploying an X3 advanced network packet broker, network blind spots can be eliminated, and network traffic handled by the device is shaped into actionable data.
X3-Series Network Packet Broker features
- Passive SSL/TLS decryption SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0 – TLS 1.2
- Data masking
- Packet deduplication
- TCP packet reordering and fragments re-assembling
- Full tunneling capability
- Packet Slicing
- IMSI Filtering
- Export NetFlow v5/v9
- L2-L7 Filtering, DPI
- Load Balancing
- Any-to-any Replication and Aggregation
- Microburst Protection
Passive Out of Band Decryption
- Decrypted traffic can expose confidential data to network engineers and analysts, resulting in security or privacy implications.
- The X3-Series can obfuscate sensitive data to comply with regulations and prevent data leakages.
- Data masking enables complete visibility into decrypted data without the risk of exposing sensitive data.
- With a passive Out-of-band TLS decryption deployment, the X3-Series uses a private key to decrypt the SSL traffic and forwards the traffic to out-of Security or analysis appliances.
- Supports TLS 1.2 and below
X3-Series SSL/TLS In-Line Decryption
The X3 In-Line Decryption supports up to TLS 1.3 passive in-line decryption
Deploying Profitap’s X3-Series In-Line Decryption models as a dedicated solution can enable complete visibility into SSL/TLS traffic. Unencrypted traffic helps network engineers gain deeper visibility into traffic that would otherwise be an encrypted blind spot. Decrypting network traffic can also help speed up troubleshooting processes by helping identify the issue’s source faster.
The Passive In-line decryption ensures X3 In-Line Decryption model can deliver the relevant, decrypted data to the entire security stack without affecting security tool performance.
X3-Series SSL/TLS features
- Passive In-line decryption and re-encryption
- Offload decryption load from security tools
- Scalability: decrypt once, send to multiple tools
- Supports up to TLS 1.3
- TLS 1.3 in-line decryption is done via a proxy
X3-Series GTP Correlation
The X3-Series GTP Correlation models are purpose-built for GPRS Tunneling Protocol (GTP) traffic correlation and filtering.
GTP traffic correlation provides network engineers with valuable insights into mobile network performance, security, and user experience, enabling them to address issues and optimize network performance proactively.
The following filters can be applied:
- IMSI prefix and IMSI suffix
- Cell ID
With these filters, the X3-Series GTP Correlation device can identify the control traffic and provide the correlated control and data traffic through replication and session-aware load balancing.
X3-Series GTP Correlation features
- Reliable correlation of subscriber sessions helps better understand network traffic patterns and identify potential issues that may impact network performance
- Identify potential security threats and vulnerabilities, such as malicious attacks or unauthorized access attempts over the GPRS Tunneling Protocol
- Correlated GTP traffic helps network engineers quickly isolate and troubleshoot issues, reducing mean time to repair (MTTR) and minimizing downtime
- Correlating GTP traffic helps ensure a positive user experience with network services by identifying and addressing performance issues that impact user satisfaction
- Scalability: easy traffic forwarding to multiple tools
- Reliability: purpose-built hardware for optimal performance
- L3-L4 filtering
- Load balance traffic output based on subscriber (IMSI) information
- Up to 100 000 filters
4 x 40G/100G QSFP28
2 x 40G/100G QSFP28
|10GBASE-SR SFP+ 850nm 300m (LC)||10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km (LC)||40GBASE-SR4 QSFP+ 850NM 150M (MTP/MPO)||40GBASE-LR4 QSFP+ 1310NM 10KM (LC)|
|40GBASE-PLR4 QSFP+ 1310nm 10km (LC)||40GBASE-SR-BIDI QSFP+ 150m (LC)||100GBASE-SR4 QSFP28 850NM 100M (MTP/MPO)||100GBASE-LR4 QSFP28 1310NM 10KM (LC)|
Get a Quote
Did You Know?
- You may contact our Technical Support department (+31 (0) 40 782 0880 / +1 267-703-3000) if you have difficulties during the installation or subsequent use of a Profitap product.
- Most of our products are supplied from stock, which means we can ship via next-day courier service.