Fail-safe Solution for Optimal Network Availability
Placed in front of in-line security appliances, the 40G Bypass TAP keeps the network link operational even when these tools become unavailable. It represents a fail-safe solution that actively checks their availability by sending heartbeat packets.
If the tools’ availability is compromised in any way, the TAP automatically switches to a bypass mode, maintaining the network link up until the issue is fixed.
At the same time, the Bypass TAP allows network engineers to manually bypass the in-line tool so that they can keep the network fully operational during maintenance and troubleshooting.
Fail-Safe Bypass & Heartbeat
Designed to support active inline network security and performance tools, our Bypass TAPs make sure these in-line devices don’t become a single point of failure in your network. By sending heartbeat packets, they can accurately track if the connected device is operational.
In the event that the in-line device fails, either due to a hardware malfunction, power loss, or software problem, the 40G Bypass TAP fail-safe protection will keep the critical link up.
2 x SFP28 2 x RJ45 8 pins 2 x 12 VDC
- Remote access and management with GUI/CLI
- Bidirectional Heartbeat (ping signal to and from the monitored appliance)
- Customizable heartbeat packets, including IPX, ICMP request/reply, LCP request/reply and TCP-SYN
- Link Failure Propagation (LFP)
- Predefined and custom Heartbeat signal type
- Fine Heartbeat control
- 40G operation
- High-reliability design, no point of failure
The Bypass TAP can be administrated either in CLI mode or in a graphical interface called BP-Manager.
BP-Manager is a web-based interface, easily accessible from any OS or platform.
Get a Quote
Did You Know?
- You may contact our Technical Support department (+31 (0) 40 782 0880) if you have difficulties during the installation or subsequent use of a Profitap product.
- Most of our products are supplied from stock, which means we can ship to you via next-day courier service.