Bypass Network TAP for Optimal Network Security
Profitap Bypass Network TAP is an intelligent device that keeps the network link operational even when in-line security appliances become unavailable.
Placed in front of in-line tools, it represents a fail-safe solution that continuously checks their availability. Therefore, if the tools’ availability is compromised in any way, the TAP automatically switches to a bypass mode, maintaining the network link up until the issue is fixed.
Fail-Safe Bypass & Heartbeat
Designed to support active inline network security and performance tools, our Bypass TAPs make sure these in-line devices don’t become a single point of failure in your network. By sending heartbeat packets, they can accurately track if the connected device is operational.
In the event that the in-line device fails, either due to a hardware malfunction, power loss, or software problem, the 10G Bypass TAP fail-safe protection will keep the critical link up.
2 x SFP+
2 x RJ45 8 pins
2 x 12 VDC
- Remote access and management with GUI/CLI
- Bidirectional Heartbeat (ping signal to and from the monitored appliance)
Customizable heartbeat packets, including IPX, ICMP request/reply, LCP request/reply and TCP-SYN
- Link Failure Propagation (LFP)
- Fine Heartbeat control
- 1G/10G operation
- High reliability design, no point of failure
The Bypass TAP can be administrated either in CLI mode or in a graphical interface called BP-Manager.
BP-Manager is a web-based interface, easily accessible from any OS or platform.
Get a Quote
Did You Know?
- You may contact our Technical Support department (+31 (0) 40 782 0880) if you have difficulties during the installation or subsequent use of a Profitap product.
- Most of our products are supplied from stock, which means we can ship to you via next-day courier service.