Optimal Network Security
Profitap Bypass TAP is an intelligent device that keeps the network link operational even when in-line security appliances become unavailable.
Placed in front of in-line tools, it represents a fail-safe solution that continuously checks their availability. If the tools’ availability is compromised in any way, the TAP automatically switches to a bypass mode, maintaining the network link up until the issue is fixed.
Fail-Safe Bypass & Heartbeat
Designed to support active inline network security and performance tools, Bypass TAPs make sure these inline devices don’t become a single point of failure in your network. By sending heartbeat packets, the Bypass TAP can accurately track if the connected device is operational.
In the event that the inline device fails, either due to a hardware malfunction, power loss, or software problem, the 10G Bypass TAPs fail-safe protection will keep the critical link up.
2 x SFP+
2 x RJ45 8 pins
2 x 12 VDC
- Remote access and management with GUI/CLI
- Bidirectional Heartbeat (ping signal to and from the monitored appliance)
Customizable heartbeat packets, including IPX, ICMP request/reply, LCP request/reply and TCP-SYN
- Link Failure Propagation (LFP)
- Fine Heartbeat control
- 1G/10G operation
- High reliability design, no point of failure
Get a Quote
Did You Know?
- You may contact our Technical Support department (+31 (0) 40 782 0880) if you have difficulties during the installation or subsequent use of a Profitap product.
- Most of our products are supplied from stock, which means we can ship to you via next-day courier service.