Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Passive Network TAP?
What is an Active Network TAP?
What is the difference between Active & Passive TAPs?
What is a Network Packet Broker?
What does Fail-Safe mean?
What is Link Failure Propagation?
TAPs with Link Failure Propagation transmit link failure errors between ports, allowing the network to activate a redundant path, while the TAP stays available for auto-negotiation. LFP reduces downtime and is essential for high-availability networks.
How do I update my product to the latest software version?
Where can I find the latest drivers?
What third party programs are compatible?
How do I become a partner?
How do I become a reseller?
Do you have any marketing material available for distributors and resellers?
What is Profitap's warranty policy and warranty information?
In addition to this, we also offer extended warranty options to increase the warranty period. For more information, take a look at our Warranty Page.
What SFP modules are your products compatible with?
Profitap products support third party SFP modules. There is no lock-in in place. However, our products are tested and approved with Profitap SFP modules. To ensure high reliability and quick support we recommend using Profitap SFP modules.
Are the speeds the only difference between the different ProfiShark products?
• ProfiShark 100M only monitors the network in-line, while the ProfiShark 1G(+) and 10G(+) models support SPAN and in-line mode.
• Regarding network latency, ProfiShark 100M has no network latency, while the ProfiShark 1G has a maximum latency of 370 nanoseconds at max speed.
• ProfiShark 100M doesn’t support packet slicing in comparison to 1G. Also, ProfiShark 100M can’t capture jumbo frames and the 1G captures any frames between 10 bytes and 10 Kbytes, any encapsulated frames and types of frames (VLAN, VXLAN, MPLS, etc.)
• ProfiShark 1G supports Direct Capture and NIC capture mode.
Can the ProfiShark be used to analyze all Ethernet based fieldbuses?
What is the difference between the Blue and Black ProfiShark 100M?
- The Blue ProfiShark supports direct capture to disk
- The Blue ProfiShark is field upgradable
- The Blue model now features a USB 3.0 port
- The Blue ProfiShark 100M has the same size as the ProfiShark 1G (69 x 124 x 24 mm)
- The Blue ProfiShark uses the same Manager as the other ProfiShark models
ProfiShark Long-Term Capture
Can Long-term capture with a ProfiShark and a NAS be set up with a driver alone?
Is there extra cost to setting up ProfiShark with a NAS for Long-term Capture?
What NAS models do you recommend for Long-term capture with ProfiShark?
Do you ship internationally?
What are the delivery times to my country?
What is the policy for returns and refunds?
Didn't find what you were looking for?Send us your question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Join the conversation
Find us on one of the following social platforms to
get a sneak peek into the network monitoring world.
Read our story
Our journey in the network monitoring field began over 33 years ago in Strasbourg, France.
Find All About Us